ELWYN B. ROBINSON DEPARTMENT OF SPECIAL COLLECTIONS
CHESTER FRITZ LIBRARY
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA
GRAND FORKS, NORTH DAKOTA 58202
COLLECTION: OGL #446
SIZE: 1.25 linear ft.
ACQUISITION: The North Dakota Methodist Church Records were deposited in the Orin G. Libby Manuscript Collection (Acc.#77-467).
ACCESS: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Department of Special Collections.
The North Dakota Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1886 in Grand Forks, North Dakota. In 1939 the Methodist Episcopal Church merged with the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, and the Methodist Protestant Church to form the Methodist Church (U.S.). In 1968 the Methodist Church (U.S.) and the Evangelical United Brethren Church united forming the United Methodist Church.
The North Dakota Methodist Church Records consist of minutes and proceedings from the North Dakota Annual Conference from 1884-1955. From 1884-1886, the Conference was known as the Mission Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church; the name changed to North Dakota Annual Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church in 1887. Following the 1939 merger, the Conference became known the North Dakota Annual Conference of the Methodist Church. The minutes and proceedings are arranged chronologically in six bound volumes.
|Original Donation||First Addition: 1965|
|Second Addition: 1908|
Return to: Religion
|Special Collections Home Page||Contact Special Collections||Chester Fritz Library Home Page|