ELWYN B. ROBINSON DEPARTMENT OF SPECIAL COLLECTIONS
CHESTER FRITZ LIBRARY
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA
GRAND FORKS, NORTH DAKOTA 58202
COLLECTION: OGL #488
SIZE: 11.25 linear feet
ACQUISITION: The M.L. Cushman Papers were deposited in the Orin G. Libby Manuscript Collection by Martelle Cushman in July 1978 (Acc.# 78-519).
ACCESS: Available for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Department of Special Collections.
Martelle L. Cushman was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan, on March 9, 1908. In 1928, Cushman graduated from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo with a Life Teaching Certificate. He served as principal of Ellsworth High School in Ellsworth, Michigan from 1928-1931. He re- entered Western Michigan in 1931, and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1932. He was employed as a teacher and coach at Kellogg School in Augusta, Michigan, from 1932-1935.
He married Florence Haas on June 20, 1933 in Kalamazoo. The couple had four children: Clifton, Cedric, Marnita, and Marlene. In 1935, he was hired as the Superintendent of Schools in Cedarville, Michigan. He graduated from the University of Michigan in 1937 with a Master of Arts degree. His master's thesis was entitled "Natural Community School Survey of Mackinac County, Michigan." From 1938-1941, he was Superintendent of Schools in Richmond, Michigan.
He left Michigan in 1941 to attend Cornell University, in Ithaca, New York. He graduated with a Ph.D. in 1943. His doctoral dissertation was entitled "An Evaluation of Rural School District Reorganization in Michigan." He served in the U.S. Army Air Force as an Instructor on the B-24 Bomber from August 1943-March 1945.
He joined the faculty of Iowa State University (Ames, Iowa) in 1945. Directing work in rural education, he specialized in the areas of school administration, finance, and school district reorganization. He also directed the Iowa Study on School Finance in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Public Instruction in 1950. After rising to the rank of Professor, he left Iowa State in 1954 to become Dean of the College of Education at the University of North Dakota.
Under his leadership, the College of Education underwent a steady growth in enrollment. This growth was assisted by the reinstatement of the elementary education program in 1958. The foundation of a program in special education was undertaken in 1967, and the Northern Plains Indian Teacher Corps Program was established in 1969. Cushman also led the college through the process of receiving its first national accreditation.
Following the completion of a large-scale, statewide study on the issue of education in 1967, significant changes where made to the structure of the College of Education. An experimental college in teacher education, the New School, was established outside of the College of Education in 1967. This occurred despite reluctance from Dean Cushman and other members of the College of Education. Cushman went so far as to personally lobby the State Board of Higher Education to reject the restructuring of the College. Dr. Cushman went on leave from the University in July 1972 to pursue research and writing. He formally retired from UND in June of the following year.
Cushman was a prodigious scholar who authored numerous articles. He was an active member of Phi Delta Kappa, an honorary education fraternity. He served as President of Phi Delta Kappa International from 1955-1957. He was also active in the National Educational Association, the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, and the National Association of State Universities and Land Grant Colleges.
He died on November 28, 1982, in Port Charlotte, Florida.
The M.L. Cushman Papers are divided into six series as follows:
SERIES I: Associations of School Administrators
Correspondence, programs and records: Bureau of Educational and Psychological Research and Services, graduate committee records, National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration (1949-1972), and workshops and conferences in administration and rural education. Box 1, Folder 1 - Box 2, Folder 39
SERIES II: North Dakota Educational Organizations
Correspondence, publications and records: North Dakota School Administrator Association, County Superintendents, Department of Public Instruction, Legislative Research Committee, North Dakota Colleges, and reorganization of North Dakota schools. Box 2, Folder 40 - Box 4, Folder 10
SERIES III: Teacher Educational Organizations
Correspondence and literature dealing with teacher educational organizations outside of North Dakota. This series includes organizational patterns, publications, and Special Committee on Teacher Education 1970-1972. Box 4, Folder 11 - Box 5, Folder 25
SERIES IV:Professional Organizations
Correspondence, reports and literature dealing with AACTE, AAHE, Deans of Education of NASULGC, Phi Delta Kappa, National Commission on Teacher Education and Professional Standards, and the Rural Education Department Conference. Box 5, Folder 26 - Box 7, Folder 10
Series V: Miscellaneous
Correspondence, reports and other literature dealing with ERIC-CRESS Satellite Center, Advisory Board and New Mexico State University, as well as ERIC-CRESS progress reports. Also included are Masters Theses, Iowa State College; graduate marks, techniques of teachings and various Iowa State educational associations and federations. Box 7, Folder 11- Box 8, Folder 8
SERIES VI:Reorganization in Other States
Correspondence, reports, and literature dealing with reorganization in California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Box 8, Folder 9 - Box 9, Folder 26
SERIES I: Associations of School Administrators
1. Association of Rural Community School Administrators Programs and
2. Association of Community School Administrators, Programs
3. Association of Community School Administrators, Omaha Conference, 1956. Program and Pamphlets.
4. Community School Administrators Conference, Topeka, Kansas, April 5, 6, 7, 1959.
5. American Association of School Administrators, Publications
6. American Association of School Administrators, Committee on Reorganization, District, Correspondence,
7. Administrative Conference, Midwest Drive-In Conference, Des Moines, April 7- 9, 1957 Program.
8. Administrative Conference, Community School Administration, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 1960.
9. Administrative Conference, Community Schools, Fargo, April 8, 9, 10, 1962,
10. Administrative Conference, Community Schools, Lincoln, Nebraska, April 28-30, 1963.
11. Administrative Conference, Community Schools, Kansas City, April 19-21, 1964.
12. Administrative Conference. Community School Administration, Minneapolis, April 25-27, 2.965.
13. Administrative Conference, Midwest Drive-in Conference, Council Bluffs, Ia., April 17-19, 1966.
14. Community School Administrators Drive-in Conference, Topeka, Kansas, April 16-18, 1967.
15. Administrators, Midwest Drive-in Conference, Aberdeen, South Dakota, April 21- 23, 1968.
16. Administrative Drive-in Conference - Minneapolis, April 19, 21, 1970.
17. Administrative Drive-in Conference - Bill tags, Montana, April 25-27, 1971.
18. Administrative Drive-in Conference, Rapid City, April 23-25, 1972.
19. American Association of School Administrators, Biographical information and Platform Statements, AASA Officer Nominees
20. Bureau of Educational and Psychological Research and Services, Memoranda and Correspondence, 1960-1964.
21. Bureau of Educational and Psychological Research and Services, Memoranda and Correspondence, 1964-65.
22 Research Bureau, Correspondence, 1965-66.
23. Research Bureau, Correspondence. 1966-67.
24. Research Bureau, Correspondence, 1967-66. & 5,
25. Research Bureau, Correspondence, 1.968-70.
26. Cooperative Program in Educational Administration, Pamphlets, Reports.
27. Education, Statewide Study, Published Bulletins
28. Education 589, Seminar-SS, 1962. Final exams and marks.
29. Education 589, Seminar-SS 1960.
30. Reorganization Course, Ed. 589.
31. Education 570-SS, 1955
32. Education - Local Financial Administration, Finance, Ed 573-38, 1956.
33. Ed 581-55, 1957, Finance, Public School Revenue
34. Ed 572, Problems in Rural Education-SS 1965.
35. Ed 577, Higher Education in the United States, SS, 1971.
36. Administrative E A F R P., Booklets.
37. Public School Finance, Ed 466, University of Illinois, Spring Semester, 1973.
38. Graduate Committees for Doctorate
39. Graduate Student Ed. D. Committees
40. Graduate Doctoral Candidates; Williams, Lloyd F.., Ed. D. Candidate.
41. Graduate Doctoral Candidates; Voll, Eugene, Ed. D. in Administration.
42. Graduate Committee, Harry D. Pearce.
43. Graduate Doctoral Candidates; Hill, Richard, Ed. P. Candidate
44. Graduate Students; Wax, Joseph, Tests
45. Graduate Students; Wax, Joseph.
46. Graduate Committee; Herbert Johnson.
47. Graduate Committee; Johnston, Stanley.
48. Graduate Committee; Davison, Richard
49. Graduate Committee; Sampson, Jack B.
50. Master's Degree Committee; Harris, Susan Margaret.
51. Graduate Committee Membership for Master's Students in Graduate School.
52. Intermediate Units for North Dakota, Wangberg and Cushman
53. Graduate Committee Memberships, Doctoral Comutittee,1969+
54. Doctoral Committee; Switzenberg, Merrill.
55. Doctoral Candidate; Wangberg, Louis.
56. Graduate Committee; Cunderson, D.
57. Higher Education, Pamphlets.
58. History of Rural Education in Iowa.
59. Midwest Administration Center, Administrators Notebooks.
60. Midwest Adminis v ration Center, Administrators Notebooks.
1. National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1949.
2. National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1950.
3. National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1951.
4. National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1952.
5.National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1953.
6. National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1954.
7. National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1955.
8. National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1956.
9. National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1957.
10.National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1958.
11.National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1959.
12. National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1960, Malcomb, I11.
13. National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1962.
14.National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1963.
15.National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1964.
16. National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1965.
17.National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1966.
18. National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1967.
19.National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1968.
20.National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1969.
21.National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1970-1971.
22.National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration, 1971-1972.
23. Research; Steinert, Wm. F., Summary.
24. Problems for Research.
No folder Miscellaneous booklets on rural education
25. School Buildings, Check list, Planning Guides.
26. Techniques of Research.
27. North Dakota - U. N. D. High School Conference Program, 1911-1954.
28. Workshops and Conferences.
29. Workshop in Administration, SS - 1962.
30. Administrators Workshop, 1963-64-65.
31. Administrators Workshop, 1968.
32. Administrators Workshop, 1969.
33. Administrators Workshop, 1970.
34. University of Nebraska, SS, 1952..
35. Rural Education Conference, U. of Nebraska, SS, 1959. 36. University of Texas Courses, 1954.
37. University of Texas, 55, 1954.
38. Texas Small Schools Workshop4 3.954.
39. Work Conference, University of Texas, Lectures, Lectures, H. L. Cushman.
SERIES II: North Dakota Educational Organizations
40. North Dakota School Administrators Association, 1954-60.
41. North Dakota School Administrators Association, 1961-62.
42. North Dakota School Administrators Association, 1965. Includes Certification in North Dakota.
43. North Dakota School Administrators Association, 1966-67.
44. North Dakota School Administrators Association, 1967-68-69.
45. Adult Education.
46. North Dakota School Administrators Association, 1969-70-71-72.
47. Barnes County, School District Information.
48. Bibliography, Correspondence, School District Reorganization.
49. Bibliography, Organization of Rural Education
50. Boards of Education, North Dakota School Officers Assn.
51. North Dakota School Board Association, 1964.
52. Business Officials, North Dakota Association of School Business Officials.
53. Community School District, Rural Communities.
54. Curriculum for the Reorganized School District.
55. Community School Criteria, Evaluation from Extension Circular.
56. Criteria Checklist, Christianson's Tabulations.
57. Curriculum Checklist.
58. Correspondence, Reorganization, North Dakota.
59. North Dakota Council on Education, to 1955.
60. North Dakota Council on Education, 1955-56,
61. North Dakota Council on Education, Nov. 30, 1956 +
62. County Superintendents' Workshop, July 25-29, 1960,
63. County Superintendents, North Dakota.
64. County Superintendents, 1-16-56, Grand Forks, North Dakota.
65. County Superintendents' Workshop, January, 1958.
66. County Superintendents, Iowa.
67. County Superintendents, Workshop Summary, July 25-29, 1960.
68. County Superintendents, 1961, 1965.
69. Civil Air Patrol and Aerospace Education.
1. State Department of Education to 1954
2. Department of Public Instruction, Peterson, State Superintendent of Schools
3. Department of Public Instruction, Correspondence, North Dakota Department of Public Instruction.
4. Deans' Council on Education, North Dakota
5. North Dakota Legal Research Committee Proposal, School District Finance and Reorganization
6. Education, Statewide Study, Correspondence.
7. Elementary School Principals' Conference, Program and Correspondence.
8. Ellendale State Teachers College, Correspondence
9. School Finance and Reorganization
10. General Data
11. Governor's Conference on Education, 1962
12. Grand Forks Superintendency and Devils Lake Superintendency, 1958-1959.
13. Grand Forks County Schools
14. Junior College, Devils Lake, 1961
15. Junior College Committee Bismarck, 1.959
16. Junior Colleges
17. An Analysis of Legislation for School District Reorganization in the Midwest.
18. Legislation Analysis Correspondence
19. Legislators' School, November 25-26, 1960.
20. Legislative Research Committee, 1961, 1962.
No folder "Midwestern Progress in Legislation for School District Reorganization" by Dr. M.L. Cushman, Associate Professor of Rural Education, Iowa State College
21. Department of Public Instruction, North Dakota, Miscellaneous
22. North Dakota State University, Fargo
23. North Dakota TEPS Commission
24. NDEA and NDEA local.
25. PTA Conferences, 1952 to date
26. Population, statistics
28. Minot State Teachers College
29. McLean County Schools
30. International Peace Garden
31. Reorganization Manuscript
32. Reorganization, General, Topics in school administration
33. Reorganization, "Principles of Administrative Reorganization of Rural Education," by H, L. Cushman.
34. Reorganization of Rural School Districts, Textbook
35. Review of Educational Research, District Reorganization
36. Reorganization, Sargent County, North Dakota.
37. Reorganization, North Dakota Administrator's Conference, 1957.
38. Reorganization, North Dakota, 1958-1959.
39. Reorganization, North Dakota.
1. State House Conference
2. State House Conference on Children and Youth
3. North Dakota Association of Secondary School Principals
4. Statewide Testing Program, North Dakota
5. School for the Blind, North Dakota
6. State School of Science, Wahpeton, North Dakota.
7. Summary of Literature, Summaries of works on public schools.
8. Transportation, school buses. etc.
9. Upper Midwest Research and Development Council, North Dakota Meetings
10. Vocational Rehabilitation Service, North Dakota.
SERIES III: Teacher Educational Organizations
11. Arizona State University
12. Advisory Committee, Education Plans, 1972-73
No folder National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, Materials for Institutional Accreditation
13. Teacher Education, 1972-75, Correspondence
14. College of Education, Documents on Teacher Education, UND
No folder ERIC bibliographies
15. ERIC Clearing House on T.E.D.
16. Farmer's Union
17. Financing Study by P.D.K. (Phi Delta Kappa)
18. Finance of Study, Correspondence; John King, Southern Illinois University
19. Finance, Spencer Foundation and Stone Foundation
21. Higher Education, General
22. Hyde, Harold, Survey of Effects of Centralized Controls on ASCU Members." 1965.
23. Research Notes, Planning Statements, Miscellaneous
24. Montana Structure - Proposed
25. Miscellaneous Data, Governance of Teacher Education
26. NASULGC - Newsletter for Teacher Educators
27. NEA and AFT Correspondence
28. Organizational Patterns, March 1956; Frederick, O. I.
29. Organizational Patterns, Charlesworth Study, 1956.
30. Organizational Patterns in Teacher Education, 1956.
31. Organizational Patterns, N.C.A., 1957.
32. Organizational Patterns, Roberts, Louisiana State University
33. Organizational Patterns, Martelle Cushman, Omaha Meeting, 1957,
34. Organizational Patterns, Sub-Committee, November 12-15, 1958, Washington, D.C.
35. Organizational Patterns, Spencer, 1958.
36. Organizational Patterns, Sub-Committee, 1959
37. Organizational Patterns, Charlesworth
38. Organizational Patterns, Sub-Committee, Correspondence
39. Organizational Patterns, 1959-1960,Report for Chicago Meeting, February, 1960.
40. Subcommittee on Organizational Patterns for Teacher Education, November 10- 11, 1960, Washington, D.C.
41. Organizational Patterns, 1960 -1961
42. Organizational Patterns, AACTE - 1961.
43. Organizational Patterns4 1961-1964
44. Studies Committee, AACTE; Organizational Patterns, 1957-61.
45. Outline, Governance of Teacher Education
1. Performance-Based Teacher Education
2. Procedures, National Institute of Education
3. Preliminary Report, A Study of American Professional Schools
4. Publication, Allyn and Bacon
5. Publication of M.S. plus Reviews
6. Publication, Vantage Press
7. Phi Delta Kappa Article, Governance of Teacher Education.
8. Publication, Jossey-Bass, Phi Delta Kappa, ATE, AACTE
9. Publication, Lilly Endowment, Inc.
10. Publication, Indiana University Press
11. Publication, Southern Illinois University Press
12. Publication, ATE
13. Publication by Phi Delta Kappa
14. Report to Dean Clifford (New school controversy)
15. Revisions Suggested, NEA, NCATE, AACTE.
16. Revisions to Report, Second Draft
17. Statistics, Governance of Teacher Education
18. Study Committee, U.E.E.T., Nebraska
20. Special Committee on Teacher Education, 1971-1972
21. Special Committee on Teacher Education, 1970-1971
22. UND Organizational Pattern, 1954-1960.
23. Vermont Structure
24. Washington, University of. Washington
25. Wisconsin Report, Organizational Patterns, NCATE
SERIES IV:Professional Organizations
26. American Association of University Professors
27. AACTE Meeting, February 21-24, 1973
28. AACTE, Annual Meeting: - Chicago, February 21, 1974, February 26, 1975.
29. AASA Convention Reporter
30. American Association for the Advancement or Science
31. Association of State Universities and Land Grant Colleges
32. American Council on Education
33. AACTE Bulletin and Publications
34. American Association for Higher Education, March 11-14, 1973.
35. AAHE Bulletin, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975.
36. AAHE College and University Bulletin and 1976 Conference
37. AACTE, Correspondence on Teacher Education
38. American Association of School Administrators, Memo
39. Accreditation, NCATE, 1976.
40. Association of Teacher Educators
41. AACTE, 1975, 1976, 1977
42. American Association for Higher Education
43. Deans, National Association of Deans of Colleges of Education in State Universities and Land Grant Colleges
44. Deans of College of Education in National Association of State Universities and Land Grant Colleges, 1966-1969.
45. Deans of Education, National Association of Deans of Colleges of Education in State Universities and Land Grant Colleges, 1969-1970,
46. Deans of Education of NASULGC, Meeting in Kansas City, October 25-27, 1970.
1. Deans of Education of NASULGC, Meeting in Washington, May 3-4, 1970
2. Summary Report to Deans of Education, NASULGC, February, 1973 by M. L. Cushman
3. Deans of Education Meeting, Atlanta, October 23-24, 1972
4. Deans of Education, NASULGC, 1973.
5. Educational Policies Commission, 1935-1955
6. Educational Policies Commission, 1955-1965
7. Education Commission of the States
8. Minnesota School Board Association
9. Minnesota Conference on Teacher Education
10. National Farmers Union
11. National Commission. Teacher Education and Professional Standards
12. National Commission on Teacher Education and Professional Standards
13. National Retired Teachers Association
14. Overseas Education, Comparative Education Society
15. Phi Delta Kappa, History
16. Phi Delta Kappa - Beta Kappa, I. S. U.
17. Phi Delta Kappa - Alpha Theta, UND
18. Phi Delta Kappa - Alpha. Theta Chi
19. District Representative, Record, 1948-1951
20. Phi Delta Kappa, Secretary and First Vice-President
21. Phi Delta Kappa - Headquarters Building
22. Phi Delta Kappa - Presidency
23. Phi Delta Kappa, Study Committee, Future of Phi Delta Kappa
24. Phi Delta Kappa, News, Notes and Quotes
25. Phi Delta Kappa, Commission on Higher Education, Minutes
26. Phi Delta Kappa, 1970, 1971, 1972
27. Phi Delta Kappa. Past Presidents
28. Phi Delta Kappa, Past President, 1974 - Phoenix, M. L. Cushman
29. M.. L. Cushman
30. Phi Delta Kappa, 1973-74
31. Phi Delta Kappa, Meetings; New Orleans, March 13-15, 1975; Denver, March 19- 21, 1976.
32. Phi Delta Kappa, 1974-75
33. Phi Delta Kappa, 35th Biennial Council, October 16-19, 1915
34. Phi Delta Kappa, Past President, Denver, M. L Cushman, 1976
35. Rural Education Committee, Midwest Conference, North Dakota
36. Rural Education Department, 1961-62.
37. Rural. Education Department, 1962-63
38. Rural Education; Rational Committee for Children and Youth Rural Youth Conference, Stillwater, Oklahoma, Sept. 22-25
39. Rural Education Conference, Washington, September 25, 1964.
40. Rural Education Department, Commission on Professional Personnel, 1963.
41. Rural Education Department, 1963-64
42. Rural Education Conference, San Diego, October 10-13 1965
43. Rural Education Conference and County Superintendents' Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, October 9-12, 1966.
44. Rural Youth, Speech on Rural Youth, Washington, D.C. October 23-26, 1967.
45. Rural Department, County Superintendents' Conference, October 12-15, 1968, Spokane
46. Rural Department, County Superintendents' Conference, October 1-4, 1974 Oklahoma City
47. Rural Education Department, 1967-68-69.
48. Rural Department Conference, Cincinnati, Ohio, Oct. 5-8, 1969.
49. Rural Education Colligation, N.W. Regional Education Lab.
50. Rural Improvement Program, Experimental Schools Grant
51. Rural Department Conference, October 11, 1970, Des Moines
52. Rural Education Conference, October 11-12, 1974 Reno
1. Rural Education Conference, Philadelphia, October 15-18, 1977
2. Rural Department, REA, 1973-74
3. Rural Education Association, Springfield Meeting, October 7-10, 1973
4. Rural Education NFIRE
5. The Emerging Role of Regional Service Centers, NFIRE.
6. Rural Education 1974-75
7. Rural Education Conference, San Antonio, Texas, October 19-22, 1975
8. Rural Education, 1975-76
9. Society of Professors of Education
10. USOE Field Reader
Series V: Miscellaneous
11. Boards of Education, Consultation Service, Iowa and National Association of School Boards
12. Department of Public Instruction, Iowa, Correspondence
13. Correspondence, Reorganization
14. School Finance, Correspondence, 1950-51
15. Correspondence, General, September 14 1948 to August 1, 1949
16. Commencement Material
17. Commencements, 1953
18. Commencements, 1952
19. Communication from the Administration
20. Communications from Experimental Station, General
21. County School Administration Workshop, Correspondence
22. Correspondence, General, 1945-1950
23. Correspondence, General, 1951+
24. Correspondence Concerning Speeches, Iowa
25. ERIC-CRESS Satellite Center at UND
26. ERIC-CRESS Advisory Board, Panama City, May 1, 1970
27. ERIC-CRESS, New Mexico State University, 1969-70
28. ERIC-CRESS, New Mexico State University, Correspondence, 1968-69.
29. ERIC-CRESS, New Mexico State University, Advisory Board Meetings
30. News Letter, Ed. Research Information Center, ERIC, USOE New Mexico, Rural Education
31. ERIC-CRESS Progress Reports
32. ERIC-CRESS, New Mexico State University
33. Extension Service
34. Masters Theses, Iowa State College
35. Marks, Graduate
36. Administration of Rural Education
38. I.S.E.A. - Central District, Story County Council
39. Iowa State Education Association
40. Iowa Association of School Boards
41. Iowa State College Alumni
42. Iowa Farm Bureau Federation
43. Iowa Association of School Boards
44. Minnesota School Board Association
45. Vocational Education 304, Marks
1. Rating Scales
2. Radio Broadcasts, 1953
3. Saturday Classes
4. Staff Meetings
5. Techniques of Teaching
6. Term Papers
7. Visual Education
8. Area of Consolidated Districts
SERIES VI:Reorganization in Other States
No folder A Report on School District Reorganization in California, 1946-1948
No folder The Process of Optional Reorganization of School Districts
No folder Findings and Recommendations of the Commission on School Districts, State of California, 1949.
10. Correspondence on Reorganization, Patrons
11. Conference, 1948, Cedar Falls
12. Conference, 1945-46-47 (Iowa State College)
13. County Unit
14. Community Organization
15. Community Organization
16. Community Criteria
17. Data on Consolidated Schools (Lancelots)
18. Community School Criteria Procedures
19. Department of Public Instruction
20. Directions for Making County Surveys
21. Districts, Numbers of
22. Ford Foundation Project
23. Great Plains School District Organization Project, 1966
No folder Miscellaneous Pamphlets on School District Organization and Reorganization
24. High Schools Closed in Iowa, 1939-1949.
25. Illinois Education Association
No folder Final Report of the DeKalb County School Survey Committee
No folder Raymond High School Handbook, Raymond, Illinois, 1952-53
No folder Panhandle Community Unit School District, Report and Recommendations
No folder Rural School Reorganization , McDonough County, Illinois
No folder The Legal Basis of the Community Unit School in Illinois
No folder Taylorville Community Unit Schools, Annual Report; July, 1950 - June, 1951
No folder The Indiana State Teachers College Journal, Volume. XXX, Number 3
26. Iowa Education
27. Iowa Consolidated Schools
28. Iowa General Purpose Sample
29 . Kansas Research Department: Legislative Council
30. Kansas Correspondence, Legislative Council, 1956-57.
31. Kansas, Correspondence while Assistant Professor of Rural Education
32. Kansas, Talk to School Board Association.
1. Legislation, State Show, Iowa
2. Legislation on. School District Reorganization, State of Iowa
3. Michigan, Reorganization
4. Michigan, Miscellaneous
No folder Making An Area Study, Bulletin by School of Education, University of Michigan
5. Minnesota, School. District Reorganization
No folder "Planning the Community School"
No folder Miscellaneous Manuals for County School Survey Committees
No folder Final Report of the Faribault County School Survey Committee October, 1948.
No folder Summary of School District Reorganization Under Senate. Bill No. 307 as of January 1, 1950.
No folder Fourth Report of the State Advisory Commission on School Reorganization, State of Minnesota, January 1955
No folder Minnesota, Miscellaneous Publications
6. Missouri, Reorganization
7. Montana, Statistics.
9. Nebraska, Reorganization
10. New York, Equalization Funds, Reorganization
No folder Educational Research Bulletin, October 20, 1937, Ohio State University
No folder A Report on School District Reorganization in Ohio
12. Pennsylvania, A Guide to School Reorganization
No folder "Study of School District Reorganization in Alsace Township, Pennsylvania," 1950.
13. Procedures for Reorganization
14. Public Relations, Extension Service
15. Progress in Reorganization
16. Public Relations, The Iowan
17. Reorganization, ISC - Course 590E and 541
18. Reorganization, News Clippings
19. Reorganization, General
20. Survey Procedures, Present Districts
21. Reorganization - Speech In Des Moines 7-24-54
No folder "The Role of School District Reorganization in Improving Rural Education," by M. L. Cushman
No folder "The Status of Education and Training of Rural Youth: The Impact of Socioeconomic Change.," by M. L. Cushman
22. South Dakota, Reorganization
23. Survey Procedures, Proposed Districts
24. Survey of Related Studies - Reorganization Theses at Iowa State University
25. Survey Procedures, Reorganization
No folder Report of Better Rural Schools Conference and Fifth Annual Institute of Professional and Public Relations
No folder Leaflets dealing with Reorganization in Wyoming and Wisconsin
No folder State Aids and Rural Property Taxes in Wisconsin, Research Bulletin 138, March, 1941.
No folder "What Shall We Do About Our School?" Special Circular 20, University of Wisconsin, 1951
No folder Guide for County School Committees, State Department of Public Instruction, Madison, Wisconsin, January 1949
No folder Basic Information Concerning the Proposed Mount Horeb Community Unified School District
No folder First Progress Report Longitudinal Study of Newly Formed Centralized Rural School Districts in the State of Wisconsin
No folder Report of the Commission on Improvement of the Educational System, Madison, Wisconsin, November, 1948
No folder Characteristics of Good School Districts, University of Wisconsin, 1948.
26. Wisconsin, Rural Education.
|Original Donation||First Addition: 1937-1980|
Return to: Faculty Papers
|Special Collections Home Page||Contact Special Collections||Chester Fritz Library Home Page|