North Dakota EPSCoR Announces: CYBERINFRASTRUCTURE 2011 – Where Research, Education, and Technology Meet!
Under the direction of David Givers and Mark Hoffmann, ND EPSCoR Project Directors, plans are being made for our first state-wide EPSCoR-sponsored CI (Cyberinfrastructure) Conference for the NDUS campuses, Tribal Colleges and K12 community on March 3, 2011. All conference activities will be delivered virtually via multipoint videoconference to all participating sites.
The UND site for this conference will be in the Memorial Union Ballroom. Conference activities run from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. There is no fee to attend this event, but registration is required (registration deadline is midnight, Sunday, February 20, 2011). You may do so by visiting the following registration page: http://registration-ci2011.ndepscor.nodak.eduor you may select the “Registration” menu option on the Cyberinfrastructure 2011 website: http://ci.ndepscor.nodak.edu/2011
More about the ND Cyberinfrastructure Conference -
The National Science Foundation and several other agencies provide a significant level of support to research across our campuses. NSF continues to request cyberinfrastructure plans with most grant proposals…however, some questions seem to exist among faculty as to what is meant by “cyberinfrastructure.”
The purpose of this state-wide conference is to enhance awareness of what cyberinfrastructure means to our campuses – through research, teaching and service.
We anticipate presentations and discussion on:
* Networks, hardware, applications
* Advantages of cyberinfrastructure resources across disciplines and across institutions
* Alignment to funding criteria: grant initiatives (NSF, NIH, EPSCoR, etc)
* Opportunities for further collaborations: local, regional and international -- across K12, college and university community
Cyberinfrastructure conference activities planned at this time include:
* Keynote and discipline-specific sessions addressing topics of interest in the areas of research, teaching and service
* Accessing research & education resources at the regional and national level
* A virtual poster session
Faculty and students from across the state are invited to participate in the Cyberinfrastructure Conference. For more information please feel free to contact UND Conference Site Facilitator Aaron Bergstrom email@example.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org