UND Staff Senate organizes “Helping Minot Rebuild” campaign
The Staff Senate is gathering donations of supplies and cash that will be used to help citizens of Minot rebuild after this year’s devastating flood.
The campaign—dubbed “Helping Minot Rebuild”—will shortly include a “wish list” registry through Target called “Minot Flood Recovery.”
“We want everyone to participate in this in any way they can,” said Janice Hoffarth, administrative assistant for the Department of Music, a member of the UND Staff Senate, and staff advisor to the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education. Hoffarth is coordinating the UND Staff Senate’s Minot flood relief campaign.
“We set it up so that you will be able to purchase items through the Target registry online; alums from all over the world can participate in this effort,” Hoffarth said.
Cash or check donations also will be accepted; please make checks out to UND-Staff Senate, and in the memo line write “Minot Recovery.” Cash or checks can be dropped off at the locations listed below; checks can also be mailed to UND-Staff Senate Minot Recovery, Stop 7125, Grand Forks ND 58202 (please don’t send cash through the mail).
The Staff Senate “Helping Minot Rebuild” group will have a float in the Potato Bowl Parade on Sept. 24. The float will include wagons where you can place donated items—see list below—cash, or checks.
Any items from the list below can be dropped off at the following times and places:
- Hughes Fine Arts Center Room 114
- With any UND Staff Senate member during regular business hours (see www.und.edu/org/undss/AboutStaffSenate/Index.html and click on Staff Senate Membership List)
- During State Employee Recognition week at all events, during regular business hours.
- During the Potato Bowl Parade, Sept. 24. UND’s “Helping Minot Rebuild” team will have a float and several wagons to collect donations.
The following items are registered at Target or can be purchased elsewhere for donation as noted above.
Please Note: Only new items in the original packaging will be accepted. As noted, cash or check donations also are welcome.
- Appliances, small, such as coffee pots, toasters, etc.
- Cleaning supplies
- Housewares (pots, pans, utensils)
- Paint supplies
For more information, contact Janice Hoffarth, UND Department of Music, at 777-2646 or email@example.com
-- Juan Miguel Pedraza, writer/editor, University Relations, 777-6571, firstname.lastname@example.org.