Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society names new initiates
The Alpha of North Dakota Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa initiated 36 seniors into the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society in the 2011-2012 academic year. Students eligible for Phi Beta Kappa include seniors pursuing bachelor's degrees in the College of Arts and Sciences with excellent academic records and whose coursework demonstrates interest in a broad range of topics.
The Fall 2011 initiates, initiated on Dec. 5, 2011, were:
- Courtney Anderson - Forensic Science, Biology, Lakota, N.D.
- Erin Barta - Political Science, Honors, Langdon, N.D.
- Zachary Eiken - History, Williston, N.D.
- Katrina Fetsch - French, International Studies, Munich, N.D.
- Christopher Florey - Criminal Justice, Eveleth, Minn.
- Laura Fugleberg - Interdisciplinary Studies Health Studies, Jamestown, N.D.
- Anna Gaspar - Communication Sciences and Disorders, Winona, Minn.
- Michael Harsche - Biology, Honors, Bismarck, N.D.
- Nicholas Henes - Geography, Bismarck, N.D.
- Nicholas Kludt - Environmental Geography, Hettinger, N.D.
- Elizabeth Lindsey, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Bemidji, Minn.
- Callie Madsen - English, Embden, N.D.
- Aaron Motacek - Biology, Jamestown, N.D.
- Caitlin Mullally - Communication, Grand Forks, N.D.
- John Persson - Chemistry, Mandan, N.D.
- Chelsea Poolman - Mathematics, Economics, Baudette, Minn.
- Kaitlin Ring - English, Communication, Williston, N.D.
- Nick Schmitz - Geography, Minot, N.D.
- Kali Shephard - Chemistry Pre-med, Crystal, N.D.
- Anthony Swanholm - Biology, Pre-optometry, Fargo, N.D.
- Thomas Van Norman - Criminal Justice, Rochester, Minn.
The Spring 2012 initiates, initiated on April 30, 2012, were:
- Shelby Nicole Dvorak - Biology Pre-health, Dickinson, N.D.
- Brennan Nicklaus Dyk - Economics, Mathematics, Bowman, N.D.
- Kara Beth Fisher - Mathematics, Fergus Falls, Minn.
- Michael Gilchrist Henderson - Biology Pre-health, Eyota, Minn.
- Nicole Renae Holker - Criminal Justice, Ortonville, Minn.
- Andrea Elaine Laraway - Geography, Jamestown, N.D.
- Claire Elizabeth Larson - Political Science, Fargo, N.D.
- Emily Michelle Lawrence - Anthropology, Biology, Bemidji, Minn.
- Knut Fortun Lindaas - Economics, Oslo, Norway
- Kenneth Michael Thomas McGurran - Psychology, Honors, Grand Forks, N.D.
- Emily Marie Muxfeldt - Criminal Justice, Fergus Falls, Minn.
- Siri Anne Urquhart - Biology Pre-health, Forest Lake, Minn.
- Caitlin Dawn Wagner - Anthropology, East Grand Forks, Minn.
- Marcus Frank Wax - Geography, Honors, Puposky, Minn.
- Remington Grant Zacher - Chinese Studies, Accounting, Parshall, N.D.
Founded in 1776 at the College of William and Mary, Phi Beta Kappa is the oldest and most widely known academic honor society. It is the leading advocate for excellence in the liberal arts and sciences. UND was granted its charter in 1913, establishing the Alpha Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in the State of North Dakota. Invitation to membership in Phi Beta Kappa is a reflection of outstanding academic achievement.
-- Gerri Dunnigan, associate professor, Mathematics, 777-4608, firstname.lastname@example.org.