Seven national rural health research centers, including Grand Forks Center for Rural Health, designated for 2012-2016
The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (ORHP) has announced seven Rural Health Research Centers (RHRCs) for 2012-2016, not six as we reported on Wednesday. The amended and complete list, including the RUPRI Center for Rural Policy Analysis, follows:
- Maine Rural Health Research Center
Institution: University of Southern Maine
Director: David Hartley
- North Carolina Rural Health Research Center
Institution: University of North Carolina
Director: G. Mark Holmes
- RUPRI Center for Rural Policy Analysis
Institution: University of Iowa
Director: Keith J. Mueller
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
Partner Institutions: University of North Dakota; NORC Walsh Center for Rural Health Analysis
Director: L. Gary Hart
- South Carolina Rural Health Research Center
Institution: University of South Carolina
Director: Janice C. Probst
- University of Minnesota Rural Health Research Center
Institution: University of Minnesota
Director: Ira Moscovice
- WWAMI Rural Health Research Center
Institution: University of Washington
Director: Eric H. Larson
The RUPRI Center for Rural Policy Analysis has been funded by ORHP previously; the Rural Health Research Gateway website links to RUPRI publications dating back to 2000.
Detailed information about this new group of RHRCs - including areas of emphasis, profiles of key researchers, overviews of upcoming projects, and more - will be released over the next couple of weeks. Subscribe to our e-mail listserv for Research Alerts (see below), connect via Facebook, or follow @rhrgateway on Twitter to receive the latest information.
- To subscribe to the Rural Health Research Alerts - click here to go to subscription form.
- To unsubscribe - Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the text 'Unsubscribe Research Alerts' in the subject line. (Please check that the message has not been forwarded to you before attempting to unsubscribe).
- To change your subscribed e-mail address - Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the text 'Change Research Alerts Subscription' in the subject line and your old and new e-mail addresses in the text of the message.