Poster session focuses on first-year seminar students’ work
For the second year in a row, the First-Year Experience Pilot Program has offered innovative and academically rigorous three-credit courses designed specifically for students new to college. To showcase some of the work these students have been doing this semester, a poster session will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, Dec. 7, in the Memorial Union Ballroom. The campus is invited to come see the work of these students and engage them in conversation about their projects, which include topics from the following first-year seminar classes:
- Great Discoveries in Archaeology
- The Call of Duty: Experiencing the Past, Shaping the Future
- Marriage in America: For Better or For Worse
- How Do You Experience College?: Investigating Learning in and out of the Classroom
- Sustainability Revolution: What Would it Look Like?
In all, approximately 100 students will be presenting their work, which will involve approximately 40 posters.
-- Ryan Zerr, associate professor, Mathematics, 777.4605, ryan.zerr@UND.edu.