University of North Dakota Faculty/Staff Newsletter

Purchasing lists new requirements to check for excluded vendors

From Purchasing:  The federal government has moved all records from the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS) and Central Contractor Registration (CCR) to System for Award Management (SAM). Departments are required to use SAM to check if a vendor is excluded (debarred or suspended) and to check if a vendor is registered with the federal government.

Departments are required to acknowledge on all purchase requisitions and vouchers that the vendor is not excluded (debarred). UND is not permitted to purchase goods/services from parties that are excluded (debarred).

The instructions for determining if a vendor is excluded are located on the Purchasing homepage: SAM search instructions.

The Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) requires UND to report all expenditures of $25,000 or more when federal funding is used. In order to meet this federal requirement, vendors are required to have a DUNS (Data Universal Numbering System) number and be registered in SAM. Departments need to verify this information and document it on the purchase requisition or sole source justification form.

The instructions for determining a vendor’s DUNS number and if the vendor is registered with the federal government are located on the Purchasing website:

The following forms have been updated; please use the new forms:
Purchase Requisition
Purchase Requisition for Trademarked Items
Sole Source Justification
Sole Source Subcontract

-- Scott Schreiner, Purchasing.