Leadership conference set for Feb. 9
This February, we encourage you to attend a conference that will leave you feeling inspired, empowered, prepared, reflective, and sparked to action.
The Student Involvement and Leadership Office will be hosting a free leadership conference themed around, “What does it mean to be a leader?” The conference will be on Feb. 9 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and will feature a keynote speaker and four separate program breakout sessions which will focus on five categories of leadership: organization leadership, personal leadership, professional leadership, community leadership, and global leadership. Presentations will be executed by members of the UND community. Everyone is welcome to come whether you are connected to a student organization or position of leadership or just want to enhance your own development.
After attending the conference participants will be able to:
• identify ways to be a leader in different settings within and beyond UND.
• motivated to influence their peers to accomplish positive change.
• have an understanding of the broad realms of leadership.
• begin to self-identify personal leadership styles/characteristics.
• identify at least one action step they could do in the spring 2013 semester to positively impact the UND community through their leadership.
-- Aaron Flynn, Student Activities Advisor, 777.3665, email@example.com .