Writers Conference 101 will acquaint you with authors coming to campus
Writers Conference 101 is designed to get you acquainted with some of the authors appearing at the UND Writers Conference in March whom you might not know. Even the most voracious reader may not be familiar with the work of some of these award-winning writers. In fact, conference planners frequently receive praise for introducing readers to writing that challenges and inspires. But, again, wouldn’t it be nice to be acquainted with the work before the author arrives?
Each session will begin with a brief overview of the author, followed by questions and discussion of the book title. Even if you haven’t had a chance to read the book selection yet, organizers encourage everyone to stop by for the discussion.
Come discuss the work of the writers who will be attending the 44th Annual UND Writers Conference, March 19-23. There’s no cost and no need to do homework. In fact, everyone who attends gets an “A+” whether they’re familiar with the author’s work or not.
Writers Conference 101 schedule (date, author and book discussed, moderator):
- Feb 3: Ed Bok Lee--Real Karaoke People (Crystal Alberts, Assistant Professor of English/Co-Director, UND Writers Conference).
- Feb 10: Tony Kushner--Angels in America (Linda Baeza Porter, Cameron Kelsall, and Meghan Hurley, graduate students, Department of English).
- Feb 17: Nick Flynn--The Ticking is the Bomb with Cameron Kelsall, graduate student, Department of English.
- Feb 24: Mary Jo Bang—Selected poetry (Heidi Czerwiec, Associate Professor of English/Co-Director, UND Writers Conference).
- Mar 3: Cheryl Strayed--Wild (Meghan Hurley and Roger Powell, graduate students, Department of English).
- Mar 10: Gary Shteyngart--Super Sad True Love Story (Abbey Numedahl, graduate student, Department of English).
All WC101 discussions will be held starting at 2 p.m. on Sundays at the UND Bookstore's conference room. For more information, contact Crystal Alberts, Assistant Professor of English/Co-Director, UND Writers Conference (firstname.lastname@example.org)