University of North Dakota Faculty/Staff Newsletter

Surplus property transfer instructions provided

Surplus transfer between departments, regardless whether it be major or minor equipment may be done by the following steps:

1. Find the UND Equipment Transfer & Status form. There is a link to Asset Management Forms on the Facilities Management home page under Surplus Property.

2. Fill in and sign the Department Releasing or Moving Equipment side as the original department.

3. Send the form to the department which wants your surplus property and have them fill in the Department Receiving Equipment or New Location side, then return it to you.

4. Send the completed UND Equipment Transfer & Status form to Facilities Management by faxing to 777.3435 or mailing to Stop 9032.

5. Facilities Management Central Warehouse staff will create a Service Request to have your surplus moved from one department to another at no cost to your department. We will also notify Asset Management of the new department and location if the surplus is major equipment with a UND tag number.

We have updated our Surplus Property Disposal (SPD) forms to a fillable form. The SPD forms & policy may be found on the Facilities Management home page under Surplus Property.


Tagged as: