Symposium to focus on workplace conflicts through May 24
The Conflict Resolution Center will hold its sixth annual symposium May 20-24. This year’s focus is on “Weathering the Workplace Storm: Learning to Predict, Prepare & Prevail.”
This week-long event is aimed at making business more proactive, peaceful and profitable despite the storms all organizations face. The events will take place on the second floor of the Memorial Union in the River Valley Room, Lecture Bowl or Badlands Room.
Here is a rundown of the symposium activities:
Monday, May, 20:
- 9 a.m. to 11:40 a.m., Lew Bayer, from Civility Experts Worldwide, discusses why civility matters at work.
- Noon to 1 p.m., brown bag session: “Assessing Civility at Work.”
- 1 to 5 p.m., “Change Readiness for the New World of Work.”
Tuesday, May 21:
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., includes panel discussions and training related to workplace bullying definitions, policies, best practices and prevention.
Wednesday, May 22:
- 9 to 11:45 p.m., Brent Teiken, CEO of Sundog Marketing + Technology in Fargo, discusses lessons learned in company culture and employee happiness.
- Noon to 1:30 p.m., brown bag session: “Diversity Panel.”
- 1:30 to 5 p.m., Adele Page, from Legal Services of North Dakota, talks about diversity and cultural competence in the work place.
Thursday, May 23:
- 9 to 5 p.m., Conflict Resolution Center discussion on organizational conflict management.
Friday, May 24:
- 9 a.m. to noon, Conclusion of Conflict Resolution Center discussion on organizational conflict.
Registration fees are:
$75 – half day
$125 – whole day
$200 – 2 days
$300 – 3 days
$400 – whole week
Group rate discount: 20 percent discount when five or more attend same session/same day.
The Conflict Resolution Center at 701.777.3664, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org