Edson and Margaret Larson Foundation Scholarship recipients named
The College of Business and Public Administration (CoBPA) announces the recipients of the 2013-2014 Edson and Margaret Larson Foundation scholarships.
Edson Larson graduated from UND in 1951 with a bachelor's degree in Commerce. He served during WWII as a member of the Army Air Corps and later became a successful farmer and businessman. He and Margaret made their home in Mayville, N.D.
Students enrolled in CoBPA or the College of Engineering and Mines are eligible for Edson and Margaret Larson scholarships. Applicants must have a GPA of 3.25 or higher, have spent a minimum of two years at UND, be a resident of North Dakota and have an intent to pursue graduate studies at a North Dakota institution and work in the state following graduation.
For the inaugural year of this scholarship the Foundation awarded $10,000 scholarships to each of the following individuals:
• Jessica Alcon, senior, pursuing a Bachelor of Accountancy and Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Economics. Hometown: Berthold, N.D.
• Russel Crary, senior, pursuing a Bachelor of Accountancy and a Bachelor of Business Administration in Investments. Hometown: Grand Forks, N.D.
• Ross Dunnigan, senior, pursuing a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering. Hometown: Minto, N.D.
• Trenton Egan, junior, pursuing a Bachelor of Accountancy. Hometown: Leal, N.D.
• Alexander Kroke, senior, pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing and a minor in Sport Business. Hometown: Michigan, N.D.
• Tyler Przybylski, junior, pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with Computer Science focus and a minor in Mathematics and Computer Science. Hometown: Bismarck, N.D.
These are the largest scholarships awarded to CoBPA students. “We are grateful for the generous gifts provided by the Edson and Margaret Larson Foundation. This provides the CoBPA with the ability to award very significant scholarships to high achieving students,” said CoBPA Dean Dennis J. Elbert.
-- Laura Dvorak, CoBPA, 777.6937, email@example.com.