Follow these steps to transfer surplus property
Surplus transfer between departments, regardless whether it be major or minor equipment may be done by the following steps:
- Find the UND Equipment Transfer & Status form. There is a link of Asset Management Forms on the Facilities Management home page under Surplus Property.
- Fill in and sign the Department Releasing or Moving Equipment side as the original department.
- Send the form to the department that wants your surplus to have them fill in the Department Receiving Equipment or New Location side and have them return it to you.
- The original department will have to submit a project request to do preparation work before the surplus will be moved for dismantling, disconnecting etc. and may be charged for such.
- Send the completed UND Equipment Transfer & Status form to Facilities Mgmt by faxing to 777-3435 or mailing to Stop 9032 when the surplus is ready to be moved.
- Facilities Mgmt Central Warehouse staff will create a Service Request to have your surplus moved from one department to another at no cost to your department. We will also notify Asset Mgmt of the new department and location if the Surplus is Major Equipment with a UND Tag #.
- The receiving department will have to submit a project request to have any surplus reassembled, reconnected etc. and may be charged for such.
We have updated our Surplus Property Disposal (SPD) forms to be fillable forms. The SPD forms, policy, instructions & links may be found on the Facilities Management home page under Surplus Property.
-- Jacque Brockling, Central Warehouse Supervisor