Promotional party for GGF Symphony Orchestra is Oct. 3
Come celebrate the launch of an exciting musical series.
We’re ‘Russian’ the season with a party to promote the Greater Grand Forks Symphony Orchestra 2013-14 season. The party will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 3, in the L’ Bistro Eatery, Canad Inns. Entry is $25 per person.
Enjoy the festivities:
• Hearty Russian fare hors d’oeuvres by renowned Winnipeg chef
• A complementary glass of wine
• Meet Alexander Platt, symphony conductor
• Meet Tim Fain, violinist in the movie Black Swan and guest artist for the Oct. 5 GGFSO concert
• Musical entertainment by Tim Fain and symphony musicians
• Chance to win a free weekend stay at a Canad Inns in Winnipeg!! (Door prize by Canad Inns–must be present to win)
• Receive 1 ticket to one of any GGFSO 2013-14 season concerts Cocktail attire.
RSVP or get info at 701.775.5934 or email@example.com. Send check ($25/person)– payable to GGFSO to:
GGFSO c/o Bonnie Sobolik
625 41st Ave S, Grand Forks, ND 58201
More about Tim Fain:
With his adventuresome spirit and vast musical gifts, Tim Fain has emerged as a mesmerizing new presence on the music scene. The “charismatic young violinist with a matinee idol profile and strong musical in¬stincts” (Boston Globe) was most recently seen on screen and heard on the soundtrack of the film Black Swan. Fain studied with Victor Danchenko at The Curtis Institute of Music, and with Robert Mann at Juilliard. He performs on a violin made by Francesco Gobetti, Venice 1717. (timfain.com)
See Tim Fain in movie Black Swan at 7 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29, in the Empire Theatre.
-- Marsy Schroeder, 777.4098, marsy.schroeder@UND.edu.