Nontraditional Student Week is coming: Nominate a student today!
Nontraditional Student Recognition Week is an annual event celebrated by the national Association of Nontraditional Students in Higher Education (ANTSHE) during the first full week in November. In recognition of nontraditional student success at the University of North Dakota, Nontraditional Student Recognition Week will be celebrated on our campus Nov. 4-8.
The Student Success Center and Adult Re-Entry program would like your participation! We are seeking nominations to recognize a nontraditional student and to highlight the successful efforts of academic commitment, leadership and personal challenges the student has accomplished in pursuit of his or her academic goals. Please consider nominating a nontraditional student for this recognition. The recipient will be selected by a committee and presented the 2013 Nontraditional Student Recognition Award. This year, the award winner will also receive a $500 scholarship. Only nominees continuing at UND for the Spring 2014 semester will be considered.
The nomination form and additional details can also be found on our website. Submit your completed form by noon on Friday, Oct. 25, to Jessica Rosencrans, Adult Re-Entry Coordinator, Student Success Center, Stop 7143 or you can email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your nomination based on the four questions below.
1. What is unique about this nontraditional student?
2. What is outstanding about this student’s performance?
3. What challenges has this student successfully met as a “non-traditional” student while attending UND?
4. Give examples of how this student serves as a role model for his/her classmates, instructors, coworkers, or family.
Please share this information with your department to encourage participation and support.
- Jessica Rosencrans, Adult Re-Entry Coordinator, Student Success Center