Art and poetry contest deadline is Oct. 18
UND Students can enter the Conflict Resolution Day Art and Poetry Contests to win mediation training.
Deadline for Art and Poem is at 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 18
- Art Design for National Conflict Resolution Day with an emphasis on Bullying Theme
- Art designs can be 16 X 20” – 36 X 54”
- Artist can use any media (painting, pastels, pencil, pen, etc)
Write a poem for National Conflict Resolution Day with an emphasis on Bullying Theme
- No restrictions on poetry style of form;
- Looking for poems with attention paid to each line;
- Strong imagery, grounded in concrete language;
- Poetry that both surprises and moves;
- Use issues listed in the description below of CR Day to provide insight into the relevant topics.
- Conceived in 2005 by the Association for Conflict Resolution, Conflict Resolution Day:
- Promotes awareness of Mediation, arbitration, conciliation and other creative, peaceful means of resolving conflict;
- Promotes the use of conflict resolution in schools, families, businesses, communities, governments and the legal system;
- Recognizes the significant contributions of (peaceful) conflict resolvers;
- Obtains national synergy by having celebrations across the country and around the world on the same day.
The winners will be announced Oct. 21, National Conflict Resolution Day. Win a seat in a mediation seminar between January 2011 through 2012 (a $300 value for UND Students) where you can earn two grad credits through UND’s Division of Continuing Education (code 900 - Counseling). Submissions must include your name, address, phone number, and e-mail
Bring your art design or your poem to the Conflict Resolution Center at 314 Cambridge St. or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Kelsey Jaeckel at 777-3664.
-- Conflict Resolution Center