NSF issues announcement with limited submission for SNM and NCRN
The National Science Foundation has issued the following program announcements which allow UND to submit only a limited number of submissions.
Scalable Nanomanufacturing (SNM) - Solicitation # 10-618
- HTML: www.nsf.gov/pubs/2010/nsf10618/nsf10618.htm?WT.mc_id=USNSF_25&WT.mc_ev=click
- PDF: www.nsf.gov/pubs/2010/nsf10618/nsf10618.pdf?WT.mc_id=USNSF_25&WT.mc_ev=click
- TXT: www.nsf.gov/pubs/2010/nsf10618/nsf10618.txt?WT.mc_id=USNSF_25&WT.mc_ev=click
If you are interested in submitting a proposal to NSF for any of the programs, please let us know. Preproposals are due in Research Development and Compliance (RD&C) by 4:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 10 (email@example.com or 777-4278).
Census Research Network (NCRN) - Solicitation # 10-621
- HTML: www.nsf.gov/pubs/2010/nsf10621/nsf10621.htm?WT.mc_id=USNSF_25&WT.mc_ev=click
- PDF: www.nsf.gov/pubs/2010/nsf10621/nsf10621.pdf?WT.mc_id=USNSF_25&WT.mc_ev=click
- TXT: www.nsf.gov/pubs/2010/nsf10621/nsf10621.txt?WT.mc_id=USNSF_25&WT.mc_ev=click
If you are interested in submitting a proposal to NSF for any of the programs, please let us know. Preproposals are due in Research Development and Compliance (RD&C) by 4:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 14, 2011 (firstname.lastname@example.org or 777-4278).
As a result of the limited number of proposals that can be submitted, UND will conduct an internal review of preproposals. Preproposals should consist of the following sections:
- Cover page listing the project name, collaborators, contact person, total budget amount
- Instrument(s) to be purchased or developed and its(their) function(s)
- Impact on the research program of the collaborators, department(s), and college(s)
- Impact on the university’s mission as a whole
- Detailed budget
Preproposals should be no more than three pages in length using a reasonable format (one inch margins, font size 11, single-spaced. Criteria used for reviewing preproposals will include appropriateness to the goal of the program; probability for funding by NSF; reasonableness of budgetary requests; and impact of the request on the university and the academic units involved. Investigators will be notified of the review results as soon as possible in order to provide as much time as possible to prepare a final proposal for submission.
-- Barry Milavetz, associate vice president for Research, 777-4278, email@example.com.