CRC offers family mediation training in May
The Conflict Resolution Center will host a family mediation training event May 17-21 in the Memorial Union.
Learn skills essential for becoming a family mediator.
Our Family Mediation Seminar will encompass:
- Understanding the dynamics of conflict
- Impact of family conflict and divorce on parents and children
- Transformative Mediation Theory
- Role of empowerment and recognition
- Mediator skills and interventions
- Ethics/professional responsibility
- Identifying and screening domestic violence issues
- Role of family law in mediation.
This professional workshop is pre-approved in North Dakota and Minnesota for the Mediation Rosters in each state. There are two graduate level credits offered with this workshop through the UND Division of Continuing Education (900 Counseling). Cost for Faculty and Staff: $300 (off-campus rate is $875)
Please Register before May 1, 2010 to reserve your seat in this class. Contact us at 777-3664 for registration or with any questions you may have.