|Engineering school honors distinguished alumni|
Seven new members were inducted into the School of Engineering and Mines Alumni Academy Sept. 28. The new inductees join 33 distinguished alumni of UND engineering and geology programs.
New inductees include:
* John T. Crystal, master’s in chemical engineering, 1970, Exxon Mobil Chemicals, Technology Manager Asia Pacific, Polyolefins, Singapore;
* Bret K. Fossum, bachelor’s in geological engineering, 1982, team leader, ConocoPhillips Global New Ventures Group, Houston, TX;
* Benedict F. Gorecki, bachelor’s in electrical engineering, 1962, President and CEO, Gorecki Manufacturing, Inc., Milaca, MN;
* Ralph J. Krogfoss, bachelor’s in mechanical engineering, 1943, CEO and majority shareholder, Charles M. Bailey Co. and owner of Febco, San Francisco, CA;
* Curtis L. Orr, bachelor’s in electrical engineering, 1953, over 50 year career as manager and contractor with The Boeing Company, Seattle, WA;
* Palmer J. Reiten, bachelor’s in mechanical engineering, 1943, 31 year career as mechanical engineering professor and department chair at UND; (this honor is being given posthumously); and
* Gary D. Sanders, bachelor’s in civil engineering, 1966, president of Floan-Sanders, Inc., East Grand Forks, MN.
The SEM Academy is comprised of a small, select group of UND School of Engineering and Mines alumni, with members being inducted annually. The purpose of the academy is to celebrate the achievements of alumni, to encourage and motivate current students in their academic pursuits, and to create a body of expertise to advise the school on major issues.