|Founders Day award winners named|
One of the highlights of the annual Founders Day banquet is the faculty and department awards for excellence in teaching, research and service.
Thomas Steen, associate professor of physical education, exercise science, and wellness, and Douglas Munski, professor of geography, were nominated for the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) United States Professor of the Year.
Six faculty and three departments were honored with cash awards and a plaque:
* Mark Guy, associate professor of teaching and learning, UND Foundation Award for Individual Excellence in Teaching
* Ryan Zerr, assistant professor of mathematics, UND Foundation/McDermott Award for Individual Excellence in Teaching
* Jeffrey Sun, assistant professor of educational leadership, UND Foundation/Lydia and Arthur Saiki Prize for Graduate or Professional Teaching Excellence
* Donald Sens, professor of pathology, UND Foundation/McDermott Award for Excellence in Teaching, Research or Creative Activity, and Service
* Janice Goodwin, UND Foundation/Thomas J. Clifford Faculty Achievement Award for Outstanding Faculty Development and Service
* Manohar Kulkarni, professor of mechanical engineering and department chair
* Honors Program, Fellows of the University Award for Department Excellence in Service
* Psychology, Fellows of the University Award for Departmental Excellence in Research
* Sociology, UND Foundation/Thomas J. Clifford Award for Departmental Excellence in Teaching